RE: New MGB Cylinder Head - Sources

To: "Joseph Cianciotti" <jmc987@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: New MGB Cylinder Head - Sources
From: "Nick Coleman" <coleman@sd.aonix.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:31:18 -0700
Joseph,

Friend just gave me a copy of their flyer (I got to do a valve job as well).
Following is the info on the aluminum head they sell:

"Direct Replacement for your cast iron head
- Hardened valve seats (ready for your valves)
- Bronze valve guides
- Won't crack like cast iron heads
- 65% lighter than cast iron head
- Larger ports for increased flow
- Increase cooling
$530.00   2+ $495"

Contact info is:  Ph: (503) 864-2001  F: (503) 864-2081
They're located at: 4105 SE Lafayette Hwy, Dayton, Oregon 97113

Haven't ordered anything off them before, so usual disclaimers apply.  I'm
mulling between them and ordering the cross-flow head off Steve Darby
(Sports Car International, Albuquerque NM).

I just talked to Steve Darby last week and he says that w/ the crossflow
head you can up your compression ratios to 12:1 and higher while running low
octane fuel.  He sells that for the head for $950 (Moss sells the same head
for $1199). The complete package of head, valves, exhaust manifold, and
single Weber DCOE for $1750 which will up the B to 140 bhp.

He told me he had just built an B engine w/ a 17:1 ratio that was putting
out 188 bhp using the cross flow head, Weber DCOE, and racing cam.  Don't
know if it was bored out or not.

Nick
73 B