Re: Oil usage

To: "G L Cook" <imscience@juno.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Oil usage
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:43:22 -0500
Hi,
   Did you see the posting on rings yesterday?  If had a good explaination
as to oil useage, ring combinations, and RPM.  A lot depends on the RPM
you're running your engine at.  If you're staying down in the 3000/3500 RPM
range ( who is...) your consumption should be less than if you're doing  a
lot
of 4000/4500 RPM freeway cruising.
   Actually, if I remember correctly, most of the vehicles designed in the
60's used a quart of oil per 1000 to 2000 miles of normal driving.  My
'72 B, bought new in '72 used a quart every 1500 to 2000 miles, which is
about what you're seeing.
   IMHO, don't worry about it.
Harlan.