Re: air compressor condenser question

To: Vallely <Vallely@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: air compressor condenser question
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 00:02:58 -0400
Vallely wrote:

> Hello--
> Any of you folks know how to make a condenser to get water out of
> compressed air? It's turning my sand blaster into a squirt gun.

  Is your water problem really beyond the level of the usual
water seperator?

  I use a plain old Campbell Hausfeld water seperator which
seems to work very well and only cost about $20. I use it when
painting and it seems to work fine. When I am done I pop the
line off and the "wet" side is putting out water vapour so
much it looks like a lit cigarette, but I have no problems
with water in the gun.

  You might have more water, but when I paint my compressor
runs basically continuously for an hour or so, and I have yet
to have to drain the device midway.

  If you have major water problems, one method is to
take the output of the compressor into a hose, and coil
it in a cooler full of ice. This will condense the water
out, then a large-ish water trap will be very effective.

  Apologies if I am underestimating your water problem, but
it seems like a lot of work you have planned.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca