RE: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 12:35:32 EDT
Thanks for some encouragement on rebuilding the hydraulics.  I am about to try
to recapture my youth (Heck, I'm only 48!) and I am looking at buying a '77
Midget that needs all the hydraulics rebuilt.

I have read a good report on the different fluids on the Vintage Triumph
Register tech page.  If I understood it all, they recommend silicone for a
restoration or show car (my words) because of its long life a water
resistance.  But, it is slightly compressible so it might not be good for a
daily driver or autocrosser.  DOT 4 would apparently be better for those
applications.

I haven't looked at the team.net FAQs yet, but since I am a newbie here, I was
hoping to open a thread on brake fluid.  What do you prefer and how do you use
your LBC?  Any other comments or suggestions?

Thanks for all the info you listers provide.  It is not only educational, but
it gives the inspiration needed to undertake such an undertaking.  (No, I'm
not an undertaker.)

Allen Hefner
'63 Sunbeam Alpine Ser. III (LONG GONE!)
'67 TR4A IRS (LONG GONE!)
'67 Rover 2000 TC (LONG GONE!)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport
(SOON AN LBC!)