HELP!! - burning wire

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: HELP!! - burning wire
From: JChumley3@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 13:57:16 EDT
 am having a problem(with my 1980 MGB) with a wire that continues to burn.  It
is one of the three white wires that connect to the inertia switch.  Since the
fuel pump is powered by one these wires, I get stranded every time this wire
burns(three times now, including today).

The first two times it burned, I simply cut the wires off past the burned ends
and reconnected with good wire.  The problem is that I do not know WHY this
wire keeps burning.

Should I run an entire new wire and be done with it?  Or do I need to worry
about WHY this particular wire kept burning?  I don't have any experience with
this, so any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy