dash quetions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: dash quetions
From: Enrique Claure <span@datacom-bo.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 23:01:07 -0400
Hi MG people, I am about to install my new dash but have some questions I
would like to clear. 77MGB

1. Does the dashlight rehostat work as a push pull unit or does it rotate?
Mine is push pull and I think its      not the original unit.

2. With the dash removed, on the fire wall left up of the steering column
there is a part that is a blue    cylinder (like a condensor) with metal
plate foot that bolts onto the fire wall. A black cable comes out of    the
top and connects via spade to a small plastic distribution box. I have found
a second part identical to    it but dont know where it goes and what its
for. (noise suppresion?) The part fell of when the dash was    removed.

  Thanks for the help, Enrique

Enrique Claure
PO BOX 777-TOP 196
MIAMI FL 33152