Re: Lower Control Arm bushings

Subject: Re: Lower Control Arm bushings
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:20:42 -0500
I too went down the road to nowhere with the original bushings on my '74 B
years ago. It was good practice because when I did the '79 I went with the
Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings (rather than the V8 ones). I think
they're great. I don't feel that the ride is unacceptable either. This
winter I plan to replace all the rear bushings with the same material.

At 11:21 AM 9/21/98 -0600, martens@auditor.sk.ca wrote:
>Skye said:
>Also I'd recommend using the V8 style bushings as the original rubber type
>will wear out again quickly.
>
>I second Skye's recommendation. When I ordered a set of bushings, I got the
>straight rubber ones, not knowing there was a better set. They lasted less
>than 2000 miles.  The next time, the supplier said he wouldn't even sell
>the plain ones anymore.  I can see why - for another $10, the V8 bushing
>would have saved a lot of work.
>
>Andrew Martens
>73 MGB

Steve Bettencourt