Re: piston rings

To: ninab@scoresheet.com
Subject: Re: piston rings
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:13:40 EDT
Nina,
 Have the cylinders "micced". If they are within specs, worst case would
be a set of new pistons and rings. Best case would be to put it all back
together.
 But given what all you;ve already done, why settle for half measures.
Putting the old rings back in may save a bit of money, but they will
always be the weak link in the chain, so to speak.
 IMHO, if the bores mic out ok, and the pistons aren't scored, replace
the rings after honeing the cylinders, and have an engine that will last
a bunch of miles

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget