TC adventures

To: T-ABCs_Forever <T-ABCs_Forever@publi-consult.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TC adventures
From: John Swanland <jswanland@gw.wesley.vic.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 20:40:49 +1000
Took the TC to work today.  It's a good long run with plenty of high
speed (freeway) stretches as well as a fair bit of bumper to bumper.
On one of the freeway stretches, it started to run very roughly, very
suddenly.  My immediate diagnosis was that one of the spark leads had
fallen off (it felt like that).  When I finally had a place to stop
and check, all leads were in place. I took off the distributor cap,
and checked that the points were opening and closing.  All seemed
well, and I limped into work.

I ducked out at lunchtime and had a better look.  Turned out that the
screws holding the base plate for the points and condensor had
loosened enough that the whole assembly was wobbling.  Tightening the
screws instantly solved the problem.

A closer look at home revealed that there were no lock washers
present.  My fault, as I must have assembled it hastily last time I
had the distributor apart!

Hope this helps others who may experience the same problem.

John Swanland
Melbourne Australia.