Re: modified DGV WEber open both barrels

To: MGs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: modified DGV WEber open both barrels
From: "Kenneth Scott" <KSCOTT@holycross.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:10:01 -0400
Gentlemen,
I fail to see the need for this at all.  In the SU instance, aren't the =
front two cylinders fed by the front carb and the rear two by the back.  =
These would have to be in synch.  The Weber, which I use in my 1977 MGB in =
place of the single Zenith , feeds all 4 cylinders from the output of the =
two throats.  When you are going along at relatively low demand only the =
primary is open.  When you stomp on it the secondary opens because you =
need more air.  I cannot see where linking the primary and secondary would =
improve performance here.
Ken Scott
77 MGB