RE: mistery part II

To: span@datacom-bo.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: mistery part II
From: John Bartholomew <jdb70@juts.ccc.amdahl.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 08:43:37 -0700
>Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:29:56 -0400

>From: ENRIQUE CLAURE <<span@datacom-bo.net>

>Subject: mistery part II

>Hi folks, didnt get any reponse to my post about the electric part that

>bolts on the fire wall and beside that the computer kicked me out after I

>posted my question. So here goes my question again if any one can help

>please respond.

>What is this and where does it go: blue cylinder about 1 inch tall has a

>black cable coming out of the top with

>a femal spade. The cylinder has a U shaped base (like feet). One is already

>bolted onto the fire wall. THanks for your help, this darn thing is keeping

>me from installing my dash and windshield. Enrique

Enrique,

        This is a LUCAS noise suppression capacitor. They are used to try to
eliminate electrical noise from electric motors and the like. You will often
find them attached to the voltage regulator that feeds the FUEL gauge, TEMP
gauge, windshield wiper and fuel pump. They are NON ESSENTIAL but may give your
stereo a lift! Stop the wining or poping often heard when listening to the
radio. Regards John.

</color>John Bartholomew Amdahl San Jose CA.

 ** 408-746-6361 07:00-16:00 PST.  **

   **  USUAL DISCLAIMERS APPLY  **

Various MGB & GT's (6) '69 to 79; 86 XJ-S