MG's on the Rocks

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MG's on the Rocks
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 08:42:12 -0400
Great show. Again I understand why MG's of Baltimore got to do an annual
convention (MG98). They are so organized. (I think they too much beef
this year)
One minor complaint. The Midget class was left out of the MG group and as
the awards were presented we were after the Tr&^%#hs. I cry FOUL.
Those of you who have seen my car know it is not show room class, but the
Midget that won for Diamond in the Rough, was in better shape, as far as
looks go, than mine. Mine is a runner, just ask Dr. Doug and Gene Fox.
Which brings me to a small comment to Gene:

Gene, Gene, Gene, You should know better than to try to out run Doug and
his scratched C!!
I kept up with you up to around 90 (~4800 RPM) but I wouldn't have wanted
to go any faster! Man was that temp gauge climbing. (PS congrats on the
3rd in Premier class) Where did you go when we got to Delaware?

One of the highlights (or low lights) was: in the group from the Philly
MG club is a nice 79 LE, He had a water pump failure on the way down. Got
there fine. Figured one of the vendors would have one on site. Nope. Mark
and Steve (from the Philly club) drove to Delaware to get a new one.
While they were replacing it on the show ground - just as the awards were
starting - good ole DD (the Roadside Assistance Technologist) walks up
and asks what's happening and says he has one in his boot! 3 cars away!!
See what happens when you don't ask!

One thing of note for the Midget. I put a new mechanical oil pressure
gauge in just prior to the show. I rebuilt the engine about 10 years ago.
I always wondered what oil pressure I had. Well at idle after the
hi-speed run up I-95 I was holding about 20psi. At cruise I had about
50psi!! Yea!!

OK now is the time for us listers to get together and do something. We
need a windscreen placard for our cars! Doug and I have used the name
tags so gratefully made by Dave Houser to identify our cars. Some of us
wear the list hats from Lynn. Not all have both. Some don't wear hats at
all (DD and miker [3rd in GT-congrats] for example). We need to have
something that we can put in the windscreen at the shows so we can
identify each others cars and vote for them in the popular vote shows.
After all the organizing club already votes for their members!

Oh well nuff said!

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?