RE: drag racing

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: drag racing
From: eldridge@nbnet.nb.ca (eldridge)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:17:22 -0300

 -----Original Message-----
 From: owner-mgs@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-mgs@autox.team.net]On
 Behalf Of charlie schellinck
 Sent: September 27, 1998 5:06 AM
 To: Email list
 Subject: drag racing

 I whent drag racing this wensday with my school. My mgb was still in the
 gargage so I had to take my 1983 toyota pick up. that sucked my time for
 the 16th of a mile was 8.80 seconds and got to a whooping speed of 36.5
 miles an hour. My reactin time was great how ever .678 of a second. Any one
 know how fast a MGB would do this in or any other brit sports car?

 Cheer's
 Adam Schellinck
 1973 BRG MGB Roadster in 1 millon pieces.
 1985 Toyota 4-runner (off road stuff)
 1983 Toyota Pick-up with x-tra cab

Back in early 70,s raced a 68 mg midget 1275 cc
times were about 75-77 mph 1/4 mile. can,t remember times this was a stock
car car was good as it placed first in most weekends overall have tropheys
to prove it.
in elimination i always got a head start.the early Mazda rotarys were the
only challange

Allan Eldridge
70,72,79 MGB