Rusted bolts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rusted bolts
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 07:24:42 -0400 (EDT)
        For those that haven't tried PB Blaster yet get some! I have yet
to try it on a rusted part that it hasn't worked. Over the weekend I was
replacing the cv boot on the every day car only to find that the nuts that
had to be removed were rusted solid. No amount of force would remove them.
I even tried a 4 foot cheater pipe attached to the end of a breaker bar
and the only thing that I accomplished was to break the 1/2" drive socket.
I decided I needed heat so went down to get some Oxygen for the torch as
well as a new socket. Before leaving I gave the bolts a shoot of PB
Blaster. I came back an hour later and thought I would give it a try
before hooking up the torch. With hardly any effort all three nuts came
off. The job took about 4 hours, one actually doing work and three wasting
time on the rusted parts.
...Art