Re: MGB engine dies, V6 seems likely.

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: MGB engine dies, V6 seems likely.
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:11:24 EDT
I think the point Mark was making was that the 2.8L V6 is a dog. Their
longevity prospects never were bright.
 During my sentence in the local Pontiac/GMC dealership, that particular
engine caused us more headaches than any two other engine types combined.
 Add that the odd bellhousing and very limited choices for trannies, and
it's really a no brainer.
 Good 215 BOP engines that are salvagable are probably as availible as
good 2.8's.
Plus they tend to last a bit longer too.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget