Canada/USA Tour

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Canada/USA Tour
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 23:03:34 -0400 (EDT)
Just got back from Niagara Falls, NY, where I met up with the group from
the CAAR GB touring & rally club on their Canada/USA Eastern Tour.  Our
own Barney Gaylord also made the trip (much longer for him than for me)
and will be spending a day or two with the Tourers,  and I'm sure he'll
be posting a report, so I'll leave that to him.

It was great to finally meet Barney, BTW, after reading his
posts/adventures/advice for over a year, and to finally see what the MGA
With an Attitude looks like in person (it has attitude, and personality,
from the "Hi" written in the dust on the side, to the smashed bugs on
the windshield -awesome- a car that is driven the way they were meant to
be).

Anyway, if any of you happen to live near one of the group's stops, it
would be worth the time to go out and see the cars and welcome our
British friends.  The cars (we just don't see many Bentley's around
here) and the people (one offered to let my friend take his Triumph Stag
around the block a few times!) are just delightful.  I only wish I could
have joined in the trip with them but, alas, my boring, mundane schedule
would not permit it.

Anyway, for those who may have missed it last week, here's the group's
website address again - http://www.btinternet.com/~caargb/
- and here's the list of hotels/cities they will be stopping in for the
remainder of the trip, for those of you who might want to stop and say
hello (they get to the hotel around 6:00-ish each night):

Oct. 1st - Best Western Inn on the River, Niagara Falls, NY
Oct. 2nd - Comfort Inn Suites, Vernon, NY Oct. 3rd - Best Western,
Amsterdam, NY
Oct. 4th - Comfort Inn, Union Deposit Road, Harridburg, PA
Oct. 5th The Yorktowne Hotel, York, PA
Oct. 6th - Holiday Inn Select, Lynchburg, VA
Oct. 7th - Holiday Inn State Capital, Raleigh, NC
Oct. 8th - Comfort Inn, Wilmington, NC
Oct. 9th - Ramada Inn Airport Coliseum, North Charleston, SC
Oct. 10th - Days Inn/Suites, Bay Street, Savannah, GA
Oct. 11th - Comfort Inn Historic Area, St. Augustine, Florida
Oct. 12th - Econo Lodge, Cocoa, Florida
Oct. 13th/14th (2 nights) - Clarion Plaza, Orlando, Florida
Oct. 15th/16th (2 nights) - Comfort Suites - Dix Ellis Trail,
Jacksonville, Florida
Depart Jacksonville for Chicago and Heathrow Oct. 17th.

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger