Re: Question, and a bit of a test...

To: tip@ai.chem.ohiou.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Question, and a bit of a test...
From: bdk <bdk@geocities.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 13:29:19 -0700
That spherical bolt has to turn, otherwise the shock link would bind up when
you went over a bump. It sounds like your nut is rusted onto the bolt. I'm
reinstalling the left rear spring on my '71 this weekend, so I'll let you know
if I have any problems.

I would only replace the link if the spherical bolt is sloppy (lots of free
play).

In my opinion, why spend the money with new shocks if the old ones work. You'll
only create problems for yourself and others later. I also recall some
complaints on the list that the Moss rear tube shock conversion was too stiff
for the street. You might want to solicit opinions from the list about this.

If your rear shocks leak, refill them with power steering fluid stop leak and
see if swelling uo the seals will fix your leak. This technique worked well for
me on the front shocks.

Good luck,

    Brandon