Stupid Things to do with Your LBC

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stupid Things to do with Your LBC
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 03:24:48 +0000
Because reading about the stupid things others have done always makes me
feel a little better about myself I thought I would share something with
the list to brighten your day.  Something a newbie (like me) needs to
experience to get a real "feel" for their Little British Car.

I arrived home from work (since the Ford threw its clutch the 'B is my
daily driver - ahhh Summer in Adelaide...PERFECT) with the temperature
guage up a bit from the normal halfway-to-N.  Stopped the car in the
garage to hear the hiss from under the bonnet (hood).  Popped the hood
to take a look but found the overhead light obscured so out of the car I
knocked it out of gear and released the handbrake to manouvre the car
under the light.

Pushing the car backwards the rear wheels caught the slight drop out of
the garage making it run a little faster and further than I wanted.  A
deft sideways step to take up the strain and stop her running away
placed my left foot right where it shouldn't be... but it helped to stop
the thing in its tracks - and perfectly balance it on top of my big toe.

It was a little harder to push the car from this position and back up
the hill, but the alternative was to have it run over the rest of my
foot and maybe further down the driveway... so push I did!  *And* I
still managed to change the top (radiator) hose before hobbling into the
house for the icepack.

All is well with no permanent damage done.... but I would love to know
if anyone else on this list has run themselves over (and would they
admit it if they did)?  Is this some common initiation into the "Club"
and has everyone done this once?

Gee, I really did feel stupid and spent the rest of the evening thinking
of lies to tell the others in at work the next day!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII