Re: True or False

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: True or False
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 03:33:21 GMT
>Nevin,
>
>I must disagree with you.  I learned to drive in RWD cars, as did most of the
>listers who are "a little older" and that is a major reason we are so happy
>with our cars.  You have to drive it and learn how to respect it's handling.
>If you don't, what makes you think you will be any good at all?  (Actually,
>the first car I drove was a 1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser.  Talk about road
>holding weight!  Really tough to keep on the road in the snow, but I managed.)

Allen,

That's not really what I was saying. I also learned to drive on RWD, a '73
Dodge Coronet, an '80 Pinto (mom's) and a '79 Dodge Aspen. It's not that he
shouldn't drive any RWD cars in the snow, but a price is no object MGB is
not the one to learn on. I do respect RWD handling, in fact I prefer it,
but with a light car with (most likely) relatively wide tires, and hard to
replace, it's better left out of the hands of newly licensed drivers when
there's ice and snow all over the place. The whole point is moot as far as
Eddie's concerned, as it turns out he lives in southern California.

Nevin