Re: True or False

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: True or False
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 22:23:34 EDT
While not in the greatest area for deep snow, I'll put my two cents worth
in.

Several years ago one of my firm's clients was in Bristol VA/TN, and I
was installing a system which required me to spend a bit of time there.
 Left home (South Carolina) with the top down, but before passsing
Asheville NC, stopped to cover up. By the time I got to Mars Hill, NC,
there was about 6 inches and coming down like gang busters.
 Just past Mars Hill is a long winding grade. My thoughts were to go as
far as possible, then turn and go back, or grab a motel. Had to give the
boss the best shot I could.
 THe Midget ran just fine, thank you very much. By acting like I had good
sense, the little 1275 pulled use right along with no problem. Still
thinking I'll never make it, I rounded a curve and there is the right
lane (4 lane road) was a Jeep CJ? with all four wheels spinning, but
loosing the battle to gravity. I eased into the left lane, and gently
passed him. He was NOT a happy camper!
 Oh, just before the top of the hill, which is about the TN/NC state
line, the snow stopped as if there was a "NO GO" line across the road.
Had the top down before I got to Bristol.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 08:58:37 -0400 Larry Macy
<macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu> writes:
>I gotta go with Allen here. We got our Midget in Wyoming and lived in
>Colorado. Talk abou having to deal with snow. I drove the car year
>round.
>I also learned to drive in a rear wheel drive. The Midget was great in
>
>the snow. The only time I had a problem was when the snow depth was
>deeper than the bumper ;-)  Also the only time I ever lost control was
>
>afer an ice storm in Arkansas, never in the snow!!
>
>Larry Macy
>78 Midget
>>
>>Let's encourage the new generation of drivers to learn the proper way
>>drive.  If he can learn how to take care of the car, it will start
>for him in
>>the cold.
>>
>>Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>Allen Hefner
>>'77 Midget
>>'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport
>

>Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
>macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
>System Administrator/Manager
>Neuropsychiatry Section
>Department of Psychiatry
>University of Pennsylvania
>3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
>Philadelphia, PA 19104
>
>Voice mail 215 662-2890

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]