Re: Winter coming-need hardtop

To: "Walt" <waltcpa@sierra.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Winter coming-need hardtop
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:08:49 -0400
>Hello all,
>
>After evaluating the following factors:
>       1.  Winter is fast approaching in N.E. Nevada
>       2.  We get quite a bit of snow from late Nov thru Mar
>       3.  We also have much sub-freezing and sub-zero weather
>       4.  The 77 B is my daughter's daily driver
>       5.  Soft tops and cold/nasty weather don't mix well
>
>I have decided we need to put a hardtop on her car for the winter.
>
>Would like to hear pros and cons and if anyone has or knows of one for sale
>(assuming the consensus is to proceed) that would be most helpful also.
>TIA
>
>Walt Goddard
>waltcpa@sierra.net
>77 B (not ready for winter yet-top still down!)
I have a hard top for the Midget. When I lived in WY and CO it was great
in the winter. Now I use it just to cover the cockpit when the car is
parked. I recommend it for your situation. I cracked a soft top window
trying to put it up one chilly night.

Larry Macy
78 Midget (hard top parked, no top driven)

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager
Neuropsychiatry Section