Re: MGB leaf springs and coil springs.

To: Sclif1@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB leaf springs and coil springs.
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 22:12:06 EDT
On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 21:13:17 EDT Sclif1@aol.com writes:
>1. Looking for input regarding replacement of the leaf springs and
>coil
>springs on my 72 MGB. Any recommendations about where I should buy
>these
>components to achieve the the original factory ride height? We're
>sagging
>here! ( low rider )

Mr Moss provided me with two excellent rear springs earlier this year - i
went with GT 7 leaf springs for the ride benefit they give but this does
give a higher ride height than original 6 leaf springs with which i know
some folk have hads a problem with
on the front, its more likely to be the shocks that need replacement than
the springs - how are they? BTW -using new front shocks and the 7 leaf
springs the car is completely level

>2. I have 155 SR 14 tires. What recommendations are there for tire
>size? They
>are due for replacement now. Suggestions are welcome.

that must be the smallest you can get on the rim! - personal opinion is
that pirelli 185/70/14s take a lot of beating - and are usually on sale
someplace - bought five this spring at $60 each - if you redo the
suspension you could go as far as 195s

>3. Engine and transmission additives. What's the going trend here on
>MGBs?
>(Slick 50, etc.)

pure clean 20/50 motor oil - neat

>Thanks in advance for the info.
>Steve   ( Harvest Gold 72 MGB, yes it's an ugly color to everyone but
>I love it! )

Nothing wrong with Harvest Gold......unless it fades to the baby poo
hue!!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]