Re: MGB leaf springs and coil springs.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB leaf springs and coil springs.
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 11:13:05 -0700
From: miker15@juno.com
On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 21:13:17 EDT Sclif1@aol.com writes:
>1. Looking for input regarding replacement of the leaf springs and
>coil
>springs on my 72 MGB. Any recommendations about where I should buy
>these
>components to achieve the the original factory ride height? We're
>sagging
>here! ( low rider )

on the front, its more likely to be the shocks that need replacement than
the springs - how are they? BTW -using new front shocks and the 7 leaf
springs the car is completely level
>snip<
mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley
---------------------------
No, no, no....... Shocks do not support weight! Shocks dampen bouncing!
Shocks do not contribute to ride height!  (ok... i'm better now)
Only air-lift shocks(?) can alter the height of a vehicle. You can empty
the guts out of a lever shock, re-install it and it wont change the height.
Springs support the weight of a car and shocks dampen the springs. A shock
arm can be moved very slowly by its own weight or light finger pressure
slowly. Ya gotta give'r to move it quickly.

Peter Caldwell
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S,
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com