Rebuilding MGB fuel pumps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rebuilding MGB fuel pumps
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 21:05:45 +0000
What's the feeling about rebuilding vs. buying new?
I've converted my 64 B and was running the original MGA/MGB pos ground
pump. This doesn't concern itself about polarity so worked fine when I
made the car Neg ground(except it pumped the gas from the carbs to the
tank--just a bit of humor there). Anyway this pump just died and I
replaced it with a later neg/pos SU pump that was my spare. Still
getting some probs. and I'm looking into possible fixes. Have all these
pumps around and wondering if I should get them rebuilt or just go for
new. What's been your experience and how much does rebuilding cost?

Cheers,
Dave Houser