Re: Tree sap on paint

To: "Nina Barton" <ninab@scoresheet.com>, <BDurgin1@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Tree sap on paint
From: "Dean Crowley" <dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 15:53:59 -0500
Just a word of wisdom to pass on.
I was told by a car finish expert that tree sap acts as an acid on the
paint.
Even after you remove it.....
He stated that if you don't counter act the acid with an alkaline it will
continue to burn the paint. You can cure this by simply washing the car
with diswashing soap. Normaly not reccomended, but in this case it will act
as an alkaline.
One washing will do the trick. Can't hurt. Could help.....
Dean E. Crowley