Re: schematic questions

To: dresden@tiac.net
Subject: Re: schematic questions
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 09:50:24 -0400 (EDT)
Nevin wrote:

>.....specific question about the electrical
>schematics: What is the difference in the >schematics between the
Bentley and
>Haynes manuals? I know the Bentley is
>said to be better by many people, but the >price really puts me off,
and as the
>hardest/costliest part of this resto will be
>electrical (if you don't count the eventual
>paint job), I may go with the Haynes if it
>has detailed schematics. I'm pretty fluent >with wiring, so I don't
need an "easy
>reader" version, as long as all the info is
>there. Thanks.

I have Haynes and Bentley manuals (along with others) for the Midgets
and I must say, the wiring diagrams in Bentley's are worth the extra
cost of the manual.  Haynes has maybe, 6, or so, different ones, where
Bentley has over a dozen variations!  If you want accurate diagrams, get
the Bentley.  On the other hand, I find the instructions in Haynes seem
to be easier for a novice to follow.  If you must only get one, get the
Bentley, but it's worth the $10-$15 to get a Haynes as well, IMHO.

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger