73B Now has a ROOF!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 73B Now has a ROOF!
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 17:53:37 -0500
Another project complete. Sort of...Thanks to those who offered motivation.
In the nick of time, too, since this may be one of the last warm, sunny days
of the year, and I had nice warmth as recommended.
Sort of, because late last night I realized I was missing the rubber header
seal! Scratching my head wondering what that rubber thing was that Porter
was talking about....glad I caught it before getting a face full of water
some day.
Also, I clumsily tore one of the straps out from the front corner by the
header. There's a bit of a space there too...and the header shows a bit at
that corner. Oh well....it'll have to do. I also still need to fasten the
fabric loop to the rear bar over the back window. I'm wondering if GLUE is
really the way to go there and not a few stitches of strong thread...
Overall it looks damn good for a couple hours of work!
Now I can drive the B this winter! (No wimp jokes, please...hehe) I didn't
realize how cozy the cockpit is with a roof in place!

Dan
73 B