Re: MGA body panels and oil filter problems

To: parkerw@juno.com
Subject: Re: MGA body panels and oil filter problems
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:46:18 -0600 (MDT)
On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 parkerw@juno.com wrote:

>       I'm an MG fanatic, only 15, new to the list, currently fixing a
> 1957 MGA roadster that I picked up for $1000.  The body is in decent

Excellent!

> old-style canister filters, but mine is just one piece.  There is a large
> metal can on the side of the crankcase, looks like an oil filter, it has

> Parker Whiteway
> 57 MGA roadster

Hi, Parker.  Welcome to the club!  What you have here is the OLD style
filter with the integral pipe, head, and canister.  One of my engines has
this unit.  You have to disconnect the half inch pipe (that runs from the
right rear of the engine to the filter) at the engine.  It's kind of a
hassle because it's a big nut up in there between the oil pressure line
and distributor and it's hard to get a big wrench in there.  Probably not
many people have seen this early unit.

Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.       www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff
Albuquerque NM USA