Re: differential problem

To: srodabau@discover.wright.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: differential problem
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:18:18 EDT
>Is there somewhere that one of these can be purchased or
>is there some other creative way of fashioning a tool to
>remove these plugs?

Another lister (Trevor Boicey, I think) once suggested buying a cheap 3/8
to 1/2 adaptor or extension and grinding it carefully so that it just
fits in the recess.  The reason you are having trouble is that it tapers
down from outside to inside....

I forced (smacked it in with a hammer) a short 1/2 impact extension into
mine and was able to turn it out with little effort.  I then replaced it
with a standard (allen key type) plug.

Luck,

Rich
'79 MG Midget "Miss Molly"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]