Bringing a car in from Canada

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bringing a car in from Canada
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:01:00 -0500
I am considering buying an old car or, more precisely, a pile of parts that
were at one time more or less assembled as an old car, in Canada.  Has
anyone on the list had experience in doing this?  I am hoping that, because
it is in pieces, I can pass it off as used car parts which should be duty
free.  Any input on past experience or even wild conjecture would be
appreciated.  Unfortunately, it is not an MG but it is still British.  At
least it isn't a Tr**mph.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA who may  be getting some company for those long cold Minnesota
winter nights to come.