odd exhaust noise

Subject: odd exhaust noise
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 98 19:11:45 -0700
You know that gurgling sound the exhaust makes when you shift too early?
What would cause the car to make that kind of noise even when you're not
shifting early? (At least I don't think I am. After I change gears, the
tach settles around 20-2500 rpms.) It also occasionally gurgles when I'm
pulling away from a light in first gear. Or while I'm accellerating up at
hill in 4th gear and already going about 40-50 miles an hour. I recently
had a new no-lead head put on. Otherwise, everything else is the same as
before and I don't recall that noise. It's probably nothing. But it's
making me a littly looney. Thanks in advance.

Joseph
67 MGB Roadster