Radiator Cap (stupid owner trick)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Radiator Cap (stupid owner trick)
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 17:25:22 -0500
Not that anyone on the list would follow in my footsteps, but...
I went to a lot of trouble and work to refurbish my radiator, hoses, etc. a
while back.
Well...upon arriving at the LBC Club (L for Louisville) meeting last night,
I had a large puddle of coolant forming under my car. It wasn't even that
hot!
Under the eyes of so many experienced LBC owners, I realized that the
radiator cap seal had blown.
No harm done, just got rid of a little excess fluid. (My only saving grace
is that I travel further for these meetings than anyone else!)
Guess I should have done more than just PAINT THE CAP SILVER!!!! :)
Moral: Do it right, replace the cap too...it's not just there for show, it
keeps the stuff in as much as the rest of the radiator! Duh.
No one can ever say I don't laugh at myself. Hopefully my mistake isn't
repeated by another novice now.

Dan
73 B