Re: differential problem

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: differential problem
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 21:14:05 EDT
While I have made the tool to remove the drain plugs, I remember seeing,
many moons back, a "universal" drain removal wrench.
 It was "dog boned" shapped and had on each end, the tapered square
drives (4 or 6 on each end) to fit the many different plugs used on cars
at the time.
 I don't know if that tool is still availible, but it might be worth
looking around, or checking with some older,retired mechanics.
 Even on LBCs, there is an astonishing variety of sizes used, the 1500
Midget being a case in point.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 02:00:46 -0400 Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
writes:
>Mike Gigante wrote:
>>
>> Actually, even though the hole is bigger than a 3/8 ratchet, it
>works just
>> fine.
>
>  It doesn't work on my Midget 1500.
>
>  I remember trying it. It wouldn't work on the fill plug. It
>looked like it MIGHT have worked on the drain plug, but getting
>the drain plug out and not the fill plug is a major showstopper. ;>
>
>  If you try it, be sure that you can get the fill one open
>before you attempt the drain one.
>
>--
>Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
>Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca
>ICQ #17432933 http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]