dead MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: dead MGB
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 15:45:33 -0500
This morning, I was going to drive my '75 MGB to work, I got in, cranked it
and then it was dead. The solenoid engaged and the starter turned the engine
just enough to move it and then everything went dead. Lights don't work,
radio doesn't work, etc.  I didn't get a chance to check it out at all, I
just had to drive my Porsche to work (darn thing has a roof!)

Anyway. I'm going to start by checking the battery (I can't believe it died
so catastrophically, but I have to start somewhere). My first thought is
that the cable from the battery to the starter broke or that the ground
strap broke. Any other ideas?

-----
John Steczkowski
Director of Software Engineering