B Tranny mounts

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: B Tranny mounts
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:00:29 -0600
Can I replace the tranny mounts after pulling the engine but with the tranny
in place? (by lifting the transmission a tad after disconnecting the mount
bolts)
I'm going to be pulling the motor this winter but had planned on leaving the
tranny in place. It works fine but when I was under there yesterday I
noticed the mounts were collapsing and the round center rubber was falling
apart as well -- time for some preventative maintenance.
Also, anything other than standard rubber mounts to keep this from happening
again? (although they may just be original)
TIA for any advice.

Dan
73 B