I'm back at last!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I'm back at last!
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:38:56 -0600
Hi All,

  Finally made it back from our fall colors trip to New England.  Towed
the B over 4,000 miles with all 4 wheels down and the driveshaft
connected.  Had a great time on Cape Cod, visiting my mother and seeing
the sites in the B, top down most of the time.

  Had a great visit with Bud & Doris Krueger in Plymouth, MA.  They have
an interesting and historic home just a few block fron the Mayflower's
dock.  Rode around the waterfront in Bud's TD, what a blast!  The B that
Bud picked up in NH (?) is a good looking car.  How's the wiring coming
Bud?

  Drove to White River Jct, VT, on Sept 30.  Parked the old MH in
Quechee Gorge State Park campground for 13 days while touring the
countryside in the B.  Had beautiful but chilly top-down weather for
about 5 days but then the clouds, with occasional rain came and stayed.
There were some sunny afternoons.  Enough to keep our hopes up and to
allow us to attend the foreign car show at the MG museum in Westminster,
VT during the Columbus Day weekend.  Saw Bud again there, met some other
MG'ers too. Took some pics of a few unusual MGs.  May have to buy a
scanner in order to post them to the list if they come out alright.
Rain or shine it was a good time.  The fall colors are something to
behold, even on a cloudy day.  Everyone should see this spectacle at
least once.

  Would have been back two weeks ago if the motor home hadn't suffered a
catastrophic rear wheel bearing failure 45 miles east of Nashville, TN,
on Oct 15th. Had to have it towed to Nashville, thank God for towing
insurance!  I spent 12 days in Nashville, mainly waiting to get the
proper parts for repair.  Had to put Peggy on a plane for San Antonio
because she had to begin her JC teaching job on the 19th.  Little did we
know we were sending her into the monsoon and flooding that hit central
TX, beginning that day, the 17th.  Her plane was 7 hours late getting in
because the SA airport was closed during the worst of the storm.

  Oh well, we survived and it was a great trip until the wheel bearing
failed.  That'll teach me not to tow the B with the driveshaft
connected! ;^)

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B
  '76 Holiday Rambler Motor Home (recently req'd mucho dinero)