B update and a couple questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: B update and a couple questions
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 15:00:22 -0500 (EST)
Hi all concerned,

I spent a little more time trying to figure out what's going on with the
wiring in my '78 B today, even though I haven't received a manual with a
diagram yet. (I ended up choosing the Haynes). None of the ignition related
accesories work.  I got no voltage at any time from the red/white wire.
Does anyone know offhand what the purpose of this one is? You'd make my day
if you tell me (correctly) that it is for the "ignition on" accessories,
and so all I need is a new switch. Can I be that lucky?

Also, I picked up a quart of valvoline synthetic brake fluid on sale, which
claims to be suitable for both dot 3 and 4 applications? Any opinions? Use
or don't use as replacement for the old?

Also, when at the Autozone in Watertown (Mass.), a guy in a white '80 B
pulled into the parking lot, I talked to him briefly, he is a VB shopper
and I told him about a couple of the other sources for parts, but forgot to
ask him if he's on the list...are you out there? Anyone know him?

Thanks,

Nevin