Starter wiring question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Starter wiring question
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 13:18:53 +0000
Hi all,

Next question: (and I know people have done this) I'm putting a late OD tranny,
engine backing plate, and starter on a '67 B.  It originally had the remote
starter solenoid.  Still does, actually.  So how do I wire up the starter
mounted solenoid with the original wiring?  Are there any tricks involved?

Just to complicate the issue, how do I wire it so I can still use the handy
dandy button on the remote solenoid?  Can I use the remote solenoid and not use
the starter mounted one?  If not, should I attach wires that don't go anywhere
to the original solenoid so it doesn't look naked?

As you can tell, any info will be a help.

I'm still working on the wiper wiring, or will be when I'm back where the car
is.

Thanks,
Denise Thorpe
http://home.earthlink.net/~xyzabcde/  The front page has changed.