Flashing amber on MG legal? :(

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Flashing amber on MG legal? :(
From: krisn@iname.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 18:06:05 -0500 (EST)
(Apologies if this appears twice--I forgot that I'm subscribed from a different
address than where I read mail, so I don't think this made it through.)

I'm not serious about mounting a flashing amber light to my MG, of course, it
just occurred to me after being struck from behind by some Bronco-like thing
while stopped to wait for a car to turn left. Pretty awful sound--and I can't
say I enjoyed seeing in my mirror those really tall headlights come over the
top of my 77 B.

Fortunately, he was just low enough to catch my bumper and I guess I'm lucky to
have a rubber-bumpered MG.

Doesn't look TOO terrible (though any damage to my poor car is terrible to me),
but he definitely caused some damage. The bumper is now no longer set away from
the backend--the body's caved in a smidge and my trunk is difficult to
open/close because it hits the license plate frame now. The body also seems to
have buckled slightly above the passenger's rear wheel.

Just needed to share, I guess! Anyone have any ideas on how much this will cost
to fix? Wild guesses (I know you can't really tell without a close inspection)
welcome. His insurance will cover it (I hope), but I still have to get it done.
Grr.

So much for fixin' up my Z-S carb--that WAS my weekend project!

I must admit I feel a bit safer now, in an odd way--he hit pretty hard, and
everybody was ok (except minor neck soreness...) and the car's pretty ok.

Now if I could just figure out a way for everyone to SEE me! Thus, the question
of amber flashing lights. On a roll bar, maybe...? ;)

Regards,
Kris
--
kristopher nelson (krisn@iname.com/krisn@eskimo.com)