Re: Weber DGV for sale

To: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV for sale
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:48:08 -0800
Doug,

It's a bolt-on in the sense that the manifold fits the head with no problem.
You'll have to blank off the water outlets for the Z-S water choke on the
head and the lower radiator hose and hook up a power source for the electric
choke. (Or buy a Weber that uses a water choke; I may have one of those in
my spare parts room, too).

As with a change to twin SUs, you'll also have to find an early exhaust
manifold and appropriate exhaust system.

Power-wise, I'd say the Weber has the potential for more maximum power but
to use it you have to drive with your foot hard in it more of the time,
which uses a lot more gas than the SUs could ever consume. Driven
moderately, i.e. staying on the primary circuit of the Weber most of the
time, I personally feel the SUs are better. However, there are a lot of folk
on the list who swear by the Weber (and swear at the SUs...............!)

Lawrie