Re: Starting a stored car.

To: <bill.marianna.graham@ibm.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Starting a stored car.
From: "Jim Carney" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 20:58:01 -0600
Bill,
Drain & replace all the fluids before starting.
When pumping out the old brake fluid & hydraulic clutch fluid, take note to
see if it looks rusty. You may have lucked out, but you also may be in for a
complete hydraulic system rebuild.
If you choose not to disassemble the brake calipers & cylinders for
inspection, BE VERY WARY OF THE BRAKES when you take it for a spin.
Replace the oil filter when you do the oil.
Air filters may be ok, but new ones are cheap...
May as well do plugs, points & condenser while you're at it.
Remove the coil wire & spark plugs, then crank the engine until you see the
oil pressure gage start to move. Replace the wire & plugs, and fire it up
(we hope).
Good luck,
Jim