Lowering seats

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lowering seats
From: James <James@LWSD.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 23:15:09 -0600
Howdy, all.

I'm getting a '74 MGB back into roadworthy shape. Finally got it down off
the stands and drove it around the block today, with FUNCTIONING REAR
BRAKES!

I'm 6'4" tall and a good deal of it is in my torso. I'd like to get my butt
closer to the ground, so I can stop scrunching down to peer through the
windshield. I race an '85 Mazda RX7, and I achieved this goal in that car
by mounting an aluminum racing seat (the bottom of which consists of a
quarter inch of aluminum, two inches of padding and nothing else) directly
on the floorpan. I'd like to keep the original seat in the 'B, but make
some changes to the frame/springs/mounting to lower the seating surface a
couple of inches.

Anyone out there who has made similar changes to their car and has wisdom
to share?

As always, TIA....

- James Einolf