Re: Re: driving sim

To: skye@ffwd.bc.ca, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, carufel@funtv.com
Subject: Re: Re: driving sim
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:21:56 EST
In a message dated 11/6/98 11:27:00 PM, skye@ffwd.bc.ca wrote:

>I think cart racing may be a better way to practise...  they don't care if
>you have a license do they?  Or its probably something liek you can only
>get up to a certain cc.
>
>Skye
>
>PS: There is a new version of Falcon (4.0?) coming out soon. Should be nice.
True. but in terms of power to weight karts are a real kick.  IKF
(International Kart Federation) is the sanctioning body and there is a process
for getting a licence, but you used to be able to get a novice licence for
paying the fee and showing up.  I do not know if that is still true today as I
last raced karts 25 years ago.  I recall Karts as being a great inexpensive
way to drive a real purpose built race car, and have fonder memories of karts
than formula Vs.

Bob Shaw
Lincoln, NE