Re: MGA Twin Cam.

To: "Susan and John Roper" <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Twin Cam.
From: "Robin Barker" <barkrks@worldchat.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 23:50:48 -0500
Hello
These spacers sound exactly like those between the float bowls and the lids
on the 2 inch SU's on my factory prepared Twin Cam. They raise the float
bowl lid a full 1/2 inch. The spacers are made from 2 1/4 inch OD X 1/4
inch wall X 5/8 inch long steel tube. A 1/8 inch long stepped groove on the
OD at the bottom end allows the spacer to sit down inside the top of the
float bowl. The top end of the spacer is machined just like the top of the
float bowl to a depth of 3/8 inch to accept the float bowl lid. The rework
requires longer studs inside the float bowls as standard float bowl lid
bolts (say that 5 times quickly) are not long enough to reach if standard
studs were used. I know all of the 1960 Sebring Twin Cam cars were built
this way but I don't know how well they work or if there are any problems
in use. Clearly with the float sitting 1/2 inch higher the top of the jets
are more fully flooded.
Robin