Re: Defending the MGA -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Defending the MGA -Reply
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 14:39:18 -0600
>>> "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net> 11/13/98 01:21pm >>>

The 'A' was the sad and slow 'wonder bra' MG era. >>>>

Bob,

I don't know about you but I would not consider the 'wonder bra' to be ugly
or in poor taste.  Now if by jumping in on the side of the GT over the A
you are saying that you prefer comfort over style and flair (not to infer
that I-or you- have any experience concerning the comfort of a 'wonder
bra'), then that is your decision.

FWIW, I agree with Bob (I know that this will come back to haunt me) about
the T series having as much style as the A.  They are just a little slow
for the type of use the A sees.  Of the two, the A is a better compromise
between style and practicality for me.  Hence the pinnacle of MG
development.  The B is a wonderful car and the design is efficient and
handsome but it does not illicit the same level of emotional response as
the classic 50's British designs.

That is why, when it came time to add a tin roof car to the garage, I have
chosen to pass on the BGT.  Nice car but lacks grace.  Besides, wife Nancy
doesn't like the way they look and I am not going down that road again.
The BGT is an LBC that makes sense.  The CGT is a nose heavy hard to get
parts for LBC that makes sense.  Nothing wrong with that but I already own
comfortable shoes.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA who doesn't quite improve the looks of what is inside as much as a
'wonder bra'