Re: Defending the MGA

To: pvanner@pclink.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Defending the MGA
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 19:43:50 EST
In a message dated 98-11-13 17:44:31 EST, pvanner@pclink.com writes:

>  It's really been fun keeping abreast of Bob's posts today...
>
>  Phil Vanner
>  Our Governor's tougher than yours. <-- New State Motto?

OK, I'll bite....for some time I've enjoyed my 64 B roadster more with the top
up rather than down...that is driving and looking at!  I have a robbins top
but I just like the idea of the enclosed car both in looks and functionality.

I like the looks of an A coupe with the bigger B engine.  Passed one up in No.
cailifornia a couple of years ago...needed total restoration (but was all
there and running!) and could have got it for less than 2K.  Think it was a 59
coupe with a 5main B engine(out of a 68 B or something?). However, if I had to
have a stock car, I would have the following in order of preference:

1.  MGA Coupe (preferably with the 1600 or 1622 motor; not a 1500)
2.   MGB ( 67 or before only!)
3.  MGB roadster (MK 1 only)
4.   MGA roadster

In terms of aesthetics, the A coupe has the best lines of all 4 cars.

Light your matches!

Bruce Durgin
64 B