Quite a day :-)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Quite a day :-)
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 21:45:45 -0600 (CST)
Just back from a marathon of a day to Delaware and back. Went mainly to
view U of Delaware Campus w/ daughter Sara but got a lot more in than
that. I try a get to see my MG friends when ever possible and today was
a real treat. 5:30 departure from L.I. got us to U of D at 9:15 with a
leisurely stop at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Did the campus and was
out of there by round 1 P.M. and headed to Gene and Donna Fox's home
but arrived much earlier than we were expected (but called ahead to
tell them we were way ahead of schedule). Got to Gene's and the phone
rang, w/ Gene on the other end calling from Glen "Mr V8 MGB" Towery's
shop. Left Eileen and Sara with Donna and headed over to Glen's.
FANTASTIC!!! MGs, planes and motorcycles everywhere. Went for a ride
with Glen in his BGT V8 and was happy to obilige him when he stopped
and said "you drive". Handled like a dream. At one point Glen said "you
know you're doing over 80?" to which I replyed "Hey, is that a
problem?" Not only did I have lots of room left on the gas pedal but
there was still another gear (5th) I could use. This was my first visit
to Glen's but I'll tell you this, it was the first of many to come. me
Followed Gene back to his house and had a real nice visit and dinner.
Back on road to N.Y.  a few minutes before 7 and pulled in driveway
10:05. Gene, If you're read this, thanks to you, Donna and Christen, I
think even Sara enjoyed herself.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch