Re: Flywheel bolts

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@cwix.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Flywheel bolts
From: "Mike Hartwig" <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 19:54:37 -0600

>Any suggestions on how to remove the flywheel bolts on a B engine?
The bolts
>are very flat, and whoever removed them in the past must have barely
gotten them
>out and now they are basically smooth.  I could grind the heads off,
then remove
>them but I'm open to any and all suggestions.
>
>I have managed to get two of the six out.

Larry, go get yerself a welder and weld on a set of 1/2" square bar
stock to the tops of the flywheel bolts.  Then go get your favorite
open-end wrench and go to town.  Use some rust penetrant to help get
them out.  I prefer GM Goodwrench stuff, but there are other good
brands out there.

Jay