Re: Defending the MGA

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Defending the MGA
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 22:58:22 -0500

>Well here I go, ignoring my Email all weekend and I come back to work to
>find my little comment about how pretty a GT is has turned into a monstrous
>debate on style - the MG way! <G>

Well Neil, I really think the MGB-GT's with the rubber bumpers are some of
the most exotic looking MG's that were produced.  Maybe it's my displaced
sense of style, but the rubber bumpers complement the curved roof of the GT
very nicely.  Add to that some modern comforts, and I think that flavor of
MGB-GT beats the 'A hands down.

Don't get me wrong, the 'A is nice, but my tastes differ a bit.  I like a
sports car that turns heads and can be used for daily driving.  An 'A is
almost at the point in it's lifeline where it's a museum piece - most
examples are too nice to kick around every day.  (Members of this list who
still drive the 'A daily are excluded, and get my full respect!)  I'm sure
plenty of you can remember when T-Types were still used for grocery runs and
trips to work.  Nowadays, you don't see it.

Anyway, that's enough of my ramblings.  In all honesty, as long as they're
being driven, it's good enough for me!

BTW - if anyone has a basket case MGB-GT near western PA that they'd like to
part with, let me know...

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/