Re: Defending the MGA

To: "Michael Lambdin" <mlambdin@saber.towson.edu>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Defending the MGA
From: "Dick Watson" <dwatson@feist.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:35:39 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Lambdin

As for the A (or any antique car) being a "babe magnet", I question that.

This comment reminds me of a little experiment my best friend and I did in
high school.

In 1968 I owned my 1st car which was a 1951 Chevy 4-door. I bought the thing
for $50.00 so it wasn't pretty but it was my "wheels." My brother had just
bought a 1967 Jaguar XKE Roadster, yellow with black interior, a beautiful
car. Friday and Saturday nites were usually spent "Dragging Douglas" the
main downtown street in Wichita.

We loaded into my Chevy and decided to take a cruise down Douglas looking
for girls. Two trips up and down avenue and we couldn't hardly get anyone to
talk to us. Then we decided to go borrow my brothers Jag. Same trip, same
guys, very different results. There were girls hanging out of car windows
whistling and yelling for us to pull over to meet us and get a ride. Turned
into a very nice evening.

Even today I get a lot of looks from young  looking girls when they see me
in my '78 Midget all shined up. Fortunately, I am happily married or
otherwise I might be tempted to get into trouble. (And who says clothes make
the man)

Safety Fast

Dick Watson
'68 & '78 Midgets (babe cars)